Two new roles are available in IMPACT
The University of Sheffield is a partner in IMPACT, the new UK centre for implementing evidence in adult social care. IMPACT draws on knowledge gained from different types of research, the lived experience of people using services and carers, and the practice knowledge of social care staff. IMPACT (‘IMProving Adult Care Together’) works across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales to ensure it is embedded in and sensitive to the different policy contexts in the four nations, and able to share learning across the whole of the UK.
Research Associate (Project Officer)
You will have experience of undertaking applied research in social care or a related setting; a high level of analytical capability; the ability to communicate complex information clearly; and the skills needed to contribute to IMPACT’s broader management, administration and evidence implementation processes.
You will support IMPACT’s lead in the North and East Midlands to:
- Develop a regional Assembly, and engage diverse stakeholders and people with lived experience of adult social care in IMPACT’s wider work.
- Represent IMPACT across the North of England and the East Midlands, and keep abreast of policy and practice developments, reporting on and summarising these as required.
- Review and synthesise existing research and evidence-based publications.
- Produce briefs to support implementation of robust evidence and contribute to IMPACT-related academic publications.
IMPACT Networks Manager
You will have experience of implementing time-limited, action oriented, collaborative projects, and the ability to work with others to synthesise and use evidence to take forward change. We are especially interested in people with experience of using research to enhance practice in an adult social care or comparable setting, or who have worked collaboratively with social care leaders, commissioners, providers and / or front-line staff.
You will support IMPACT’s UK Networks Coordinator to:
- Pilot the IMPACT Networks model by working with stakeholders in local areas to cooperatively create change at related to specified areas of adult social care
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the IMPACT Networks model and its outcomes.
You can apply for both of these roles through the University of Sheffield jobs portal (click here to access). The closing date for both posts is 26th May 2022. For more information, please contact CIRCLE Manager Kelly Davidge (email@example.com).