The Sustainable Care programme was fortunate to receive additional funding from the ESRC in early 2018, to support a series of events to facilitate engagement between the programme team and external partners in the context of the forthcoming Green Paper on Social Care. We held a series of Re-Imagining Care Round Tables in London and Birmingham in spring and summer 2018, where we brought together experts, practitioners and members of the Sustainable Care team to discuss issues crucial for the sustainability of care arrangements in the UK. At a time when social care is high on the policy agenda and a growing focus of much public debate, the round tables were designed to inform the development of the Sustainable Care research programme and to guide the Sustainable Care team’s advice to policymakers.
Each round table focused on a different theme relevant to our programme of research:
- Supporting carers to work and care;
- The role of technology in making care arrangements sustainable;
- Care data: the scope and quality of data on care;
- Migrant care workers and their future in the UK context;
- Ageing well at home: emergent models of home care provision and the professionalisation of the home care workforce;
- How can we create better jobs in care?;
- Brexit, migration, mobility and the care crisis.
We are pleased to announce the publication of our first set of Policy Perspectives. These detail the discussions we had during these round tables, and set the scene for our programme of research, which is heading into its second year. You can download the Policy Perspectives from the links below.
Please contact Programme Manager Kelly Davidge (email@example.com, 0114 2228369) for more information.